Minutes of the Foothills Model T Ford Club Meeting March 23rd at the Aerospace Museum
President Ross Benedict called the meeting to order at 7:37pm. 24 members attended.
Minutes – Kristen read the minutes and moved they be adopted, 2nd by Bill Price, motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report – Ross Benedict presented the finances and moved that the finance statement for February be adopted, 2nd Tim Pearson – carried. Ross reported that Larry was at home recovering from hip surgery and that Art Jewell was undergoing some medical tests. We wish them both a speedy return to good health.
Membership – In Eileen Jewell’s absence, Ross reported that we now have 80 paid members.
1. Flashy Chassis Tour – July 1 – 3 Spokane, Washington
2. MTFCA Insurance Compliance – Kristen reported that we had memberships to the MTFCA lapse, so that we are in danger of not meeting the compliance requirement that states 50% of club members must also be members of the Model T Ford Club of America. Please remember to renew your MTFCA memberships, as that is a requirement to participate in any National Events.
Newsletter – Robb Wolff reported that he had completed the newsletter just before 6:00pm. Robb moves that we discontinue the forum portion of the new www.foothills-t.club website, as there is a cost involved and low participation. Seconded by Tim Pearson. 1 opposed (Peter) – carried.
Tools – Glen McDonald informed everyone all tools are accounted for.
Librarian’s Report – Kristen gave the latest issue of the Vintage Ford to Jonathan for the library.
Directors Report – Jackie Bent has arranged two show and shine visits to Senior’s Homes this summer. The first, at Amica, Aspen Woods will be on June 18th from 12 – 2 pm. A BBQ lunch will be supplied. There is tons of parking. They would like someone to visit on June 8th at 2:00 pm to give a short presentation on the Model T. Robb and Ross will go on June 8th. The second visit will be to Trinity Lodge on August 11th, from 12 – 3 pm, a BBQ lunch will also be provided. There is parking in the inner circle for the T’s.
1. Mike Cuffe reported on Rendezvous Days in Eureka, April 29 – May 1. They would like to meet up Friday by 4:00 pm for a drive and supper at the Amish Settlement – back to Eureka before dark. Saturday pancake breakfast, parade, tour through foothills to a brewery, back to Cuffe’s for a spaghetti supper. Sunday – club meeting, old car workshop.
2. Montana 500 will run from Dillon and starts June 19th.
3. Mike is part of group of legislators (PENWER) that include states and provinces and will meet this July in Calgary. Mike is hoping to get some Model T’s out to a show and shine on July 20th and they will go to Banff on the July 21st. Perhaps drive out in T’s or trailer them and tour around Banff in the T’s after they arrive. Looking for club support. The show and shine may be held at the Aero Space Museum, if Mike can arrange for a tour there.
4. Canada Day, Heritage Park was looking for T’s again. They are looking for five cars and parade will be at 11:00 am. Art has filled the park’s request.
5. Heritage Park may also want cars again on Heritage Day – August 1st this event is not confirmed. Art and Jackie will not be able to participate that day.
6. Dino T Tour II will be July 22 – 25th from Drumheller to Stettler and back. Stops in Carbon, Wayne, Big Valley, and Stettler and out to Bent’s cabin at Buffalo Lake, the Bleirot Ferry and stops around Drumheller. See the newsletter for more details.
7. May 28th, Presidents Tour, Iron Horse Museum will open for us. The Model A club will have their own tour that day and meet up with us at the Museum for a pot luck BBQ and an afternoon of train rides and viewings.
8. May 29th Safety Check at Braeside Automotive.
New Business – Ron Rigby – The A Club have a tentative arrangement with Fred Phillips to tour his collection on April 23rd. The cost is $30.00 and you receive a tax receipt. Fred then matches and donates to charity. Ron will need to know numbers by April 7th, Robb will send out a message.
Old Business - The April Meeting will be held at Woodridge Ford from 7:00 – 9:00 pm.
Tim Pearson won the 50-50 and Tom Cerkvenac won a set of pedal covers, donated by Ron Rigby. Thanks, for the donation, Ron.
Rod Wallace brought his collection of National Park Pass Buffalos for show and tell.
Thanks to Ross for picking up the donuts.