Minutes of the Foothills Model T Ford Club Meeting
May 25th, 2016 at Aerospace Museum
President Ross Benedict called the meeting to order at 7:30 pm. 31 members attended.
Minutes – Kristen moved the minutes be adopted, as circulated, seconded by Tim Pearson. Motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report – Larry Kynoch presented the finances and moved that the finance statement for April be adopted, seconded by Tim Pearson – carried.
Membership –Eileen reported that we now have 90 paid members for 2016. Ross will collect from Ted Zylstra at Safety Check on May 29th.
1. Email from Bob Ruckman regarding sale of Model T & Model A parts auction, to be held August 13.
2. Alberta Rides Magazine
3. International Collector Car Appreciation Day – July 8th, 2016
Newsletter – Robb Wolff reported that newsletter is available online. Robb asked if everyone was receiving the newsletter. There are still a couple of members unable to open the newsletter.
Tools – Glen McDonald all tools are accounted for. Al Riise returned the Buzz box.
Directors Report – Art Bent reported on Jackie’s behalf. – The SVAA Meeting in Red Deer – the books have been audited and are in the black. There were 150 cars at the Spring Thaw Show and Shine. 57 clubs have membership for 2016, which is down from last year. The website is growing in popularity.
The first of two show and shine visits to Senior’s Homes this summer, will be at Amica, Aspen Woods held on June 25th from 12 – 2 pm. A BBQ lunch will be supplied. Robb and Ross will go on June 8th and do a short presentation about the cars. The Model A club will also attend, with about eight cars. There will be eight or so T’s.
Librarian’s Report – Jonathan has received Horace’s collection the Vintage Ford for the library. He will fill in any missing issues and is in the process of determining what other club newsletters and magazines are in the club collection.
1. Dino T Tour II will be July 22 – 25th from Drumheller to Stettler and back. Cars will leave from Crossfield at 9:00 am. Keith has registration forms if anyone needs them and registration should be in by May 31st.
2. May 28th, Presidents Tour, - weather – calling for rain showers. Ross compiling a list of phone numbers and email addresses in case of bad weather. Perhaps the Nose Creek Museum could be an alternative if there is rain. The tour will leave from Canning’s. Modern cars are an option also.
3. May 29th Safety Check at Braeside Automotive from 9:30 – 2:30. Ted will BBQ for lunch.
4. June 4th, is show and shine at Okotoks Ford. Okotoks Ford has asked the T and A clubs to participate. The club will leave from Shawnessy Walmart. Cars should be at Okotoks Ford by 11:00 am. Tom van Dijk will coordinate the T’s touring to Okotoks. Tom will email maps and instruction.
5. Aerospace Show and Shine will be June 18th and 19th.
New Business –
1. Larry reported that Maclin Ford would celebrate their 100th Anniversary in 2017. Larry feels that our club should provide a letter advising that the Foothills Model T Ford will support them in their celebration however we can. Motion by Larry Kynoch and seconded by Rod Wallace that we proceed with a letter and support. Carried. Larry and Ross will draft the letter.
There were three draws for the 50-50; Harry won the cash, Tom V. won a T-shirt donated by Al Riise, and Peter won the license plates donated by Ron Rigby.
Thanks to Larry Kynoch for picking up the donuts.
Tom Cerkvanec had some side lamps for sale if anyone was interested.
Les and Larry discussed EDM work and showed examples.